Saturday, March 22, 2008

Perspective

After having a great week I weighed in yesterday and only lost 0.2 lbs!!! I have to admit, I was pretty upset about it. In fact I did not even write anything down n my tracker yesterday. I did not go on a binge, but felt really bad because I was sure I had a good week. I wrote everything down and really did well staying on plan. After crying over my spilled milk I tried to find something positive and decided to measure myself. I measured my chest, waist, arms, wrist and thighs when I started. I found that in three weeks I have lost about 2 inches off of my waist, an inch and a half off of my chest and half inch off of my arms. I guess that is an NSV(non scale victory). I posted some thoughts and questions on the WW site and was happy to find some really good support. I really need to get the exercise going. I am committed to making that happen.......if I can move. My wife and I went bowling for our date ( got to be worth some activity points?). I have not bowled in 20 years and I used muscles I have not used in 20 years ( at least it feels that way)..... Not going on the pro bowling tour any time soon.... best score........ 123!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

StarlitEve said...

If I've learned one thing, it's to not be disappointed by a .2 loss. If I didn't gain a pound after a big loss, it's a big victory!!!

I also find that my body rarely does what I think it will do. Sometimes when my week's been a little teeny bit off (missed my daily oil or something), I'll lose - and some weeks when I work out four times and do perfectly well, I'll see a small gain.

The important part is that I'm 40 pounds down since I started, so it must be working :).