Monday, March 17, 2008

NSV for ME

I have always subscribed to the theory that people as a whole are good but hold prejudice regardless of intention. I have always felt that my weight was an speed bump to my complete success in business. Being in sales first impressions do mean a lot. I know that my ability and skill take over once someone has the chance to talk with me for a few minutes but even the best intentioned people when the see someone over weight think lazy. Hell, I do it and I am over weight. In my business, especially now, my expertise really makes a difference in my clients life and how they live. My point during this post is that since I have decided to take control of my life with getting my sleep apnea under control, quiting smoking and now weight loss I go about my day with a different attitude, one of more confidence that will only grow as my success in my weight loss grows. Today I had two clients successfully complete transactions that changed their lives. Both worked very hard and over came many obstacles to achieve their dream. Both knew and acknowledged my part in their achievement and were very grateful. I was very grateful for the recognition of a job well done. After 20 years in the business, it is still nice to hear.....

PS A NSV is a non scale victory

No comments: