Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Jaws of Life!!

Being overweight is pretty funny sometimes if you think about it. I am not saying that I completely enjoy it. I am also not laughing ( well maybe a little at myself)..... Most people think that heavy people are lazy when in 99% of the cases that just is not true. Don't get me wrong, I am not running a marathon anytime soon ( although I did commit to walk in a 5k for charity in May. I have not walked 5K this month!!!) but I work hard and have no problem working around the house etc. Food is just a drug and so far being 4 days into this journey I am doing pretty well. No slip ups or cheats as of yet. The proof will be on Friday when the weigh in comes....... The Jaws of life.... So anyway, the most running I have gotten in the last few years is running to be the first one in the restaurant. Not so I could eat. So I could make sure we got a table and not a booth.. Admit it, fit or fat, booths in restaurants are way too small. Chances are when you sit in the booth and more of you is resting on the table than in the bench you probably need to work on your waist line!!! And who thought of bolting the table down? That makes it even worse. If I do get in a booth I may need the Jaws of Life to get me out......

1 comment:

RiverBend1 said...

Hey Man, just wanted to say hang in there.
I'm about a month ahead of you on this " Weight Watcher" journey and dropping the pounds ( slowly but surely).