Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I broke my belt today....

Yeah on the surface that would seem like a bad thing. It is one of those reversible belts. You know black on one side brown on the other. You just twist the buckle and presto you have a different color belt. Well I broke the metal, not the leather and it was not from putting too much fat stress on it ( i guess not anyway). When I began to examine the belt I noticed that I had a new pattern that had been worn down and IT WAS 3 NOTCHES DOWN FROM WHERE I HAVE BEEN WEARING MY BELT. One of those days that was tough and seeing that just made me say OK this is working. There is more to this than a number on a scale.......Tomorrow is weigh in eve... always a tough day for me for some reason. The good news is that end of the month stress at work is minimal this month since everything is getting done early..... Anybody know where I can buy a new belt?????????

1 comment:

Matt Keeling said...

I have done that before to. Frustrating to break a belt like that.

On the whole weigh in jitters thing, all I can say is that it gets better. I still get antsy from time to time but once you learn that you are doing good things for yourself and for your health then you will get less nervous. Funny thing is that you know your doing good things for yourself but it is hard to not focus on the number. Heck I still do.

Congrats on the notches on the belt, that will always make a guy smile!